Design & Data GmbH are a media agency which specifically caters to the global aerospace industry. We produce creative content for a wide range of media – from 3D animations to fully-fledged websites, always looking for innovative ways to present our clients' organisations in the best possible light. We also manage and provide access to image and video content from the European Space Agency.
The Social Media Expert will contribute to the preparation of a social media plan and will be responsible to implement this plan with the Earth Observation (EO) Communication Programme Officer and in coordination with our customer's communication teams.
The applicant will be part of a dynamic team of communication experts who engage within online communities. Following a strategy developed with the EO Social Media Coordinator, he/she will conceive ideas, build connection plans and execute initiatives across a range of social media platforms. The Social Media Expert will lead the development and day-to-day management of our customer's EO communities within social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
The candidate will have an excellent grasp of English, preferably mother tongue, and online marketing/digital and/or journalism experience with excellent written communication skills and a drive for exploring new technologies. A good understanding of ESA activities, particularly within the realm of Earth Observation, is mandatory and applicants should have a thorough understanding of community management and audience engagement. He/she will source, write, and edit content on a daily basis to support the digital strategy. The Social Media Expert will also support the collection of insights through social media analytics tools and compile actionable reports.
The contract will be for 1 year, renewable up to 3 years.
- Run social media channels based on EO content;
- Implement the Earth observation social media strategy;
- Investigate for ways for Earth observation to partner, engage, reach out to and with various platforms “how can we find our angle within this platform”;
- Investigate and engage in external support contracts for digital content
- Search for and develop further content from the Earth observation directorate, from external scientists and search for opportunities for the various platforms to tell Earth observation stories;
- Studying, measuring, reporting EO social media, what gets shared, retweeted, favourited, best practices in order to show return rate for EO social media on a weekly/event basis and communicate and manage these statistics within the communication teams.
- Excellent English language (preferably mother tongue)
- 3+ years of experience with using current social media and digital landscape
- Ability to communicate effectively for various audiences from multiple points of view,
- Ability to work directly with scientists to gather input and “translate” scientific language for a general public domain.
- BA or BS degree in communication and a basic interest or grasp of scientific topics or similar is preferable.
- Having basic knowledge of editing and post-production of graphics and videos is an added benefit.
- MA/MS in any area is also an added benefit.
If you think you've got what it takes, we'd love to hear from you. Send us a convincing set of application documents including references and salary requirements / rates to email@example.com
Other Jobs at Design & Data
No jobs currently available.