Entry Level Mechanical Analysis EngineerAirbus Defence & Space Direct Entry Permanent Stevenage, UK
As an entry-level engineer based in the department of mechanical analysis, working in mechanical stress and dynamic analysis teams, you shall be contributing to the success of a wide variety of space missions that range from the highly scientific space exploration of other planets to the intensely competitive provision of global telecommunications.
With space hardware design, manufacture and test all covered by the scope of operations on the Stevenage site and so accessible to witness, support and contribute to, you will develop a wide variety of technical skills in mechanical, aerospace and structures engineering with reference to your domain of analysis and non-technical skills that relate to your responsibilities to communicate and deliver your activities to set technical and operational objectives.
Wherever you will be working, provided is an extensive support network that includes the provision of experienced supervision and mentoring and regular one-to-one support from your line manager.
Tasks and accountabilities:
- Proactively seek to broaden your knowledge base, which includes your understanding of space hardware technologies, their purpose and composition.
- In a systems, hardware or components environment, understand the detail principles of mechanical and stress analysis and more broadly of wider design, manufacture and test.
- Build and demonstrate familiarisation with company standards, procedures, processes and work practices through on and off the job training and development.
- Learn the discipline of predominately mechanical analysis, but also the influence to and from internal customers and stakeholders.
- Understand the performance of designed, manufactured and tested hardware through activities including mechanical test prediction, preparation, support and assessment.
- Authoring technical documents in particular reports recording and driving the design, development and verification over the whole or parts of the product lifecycle.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related subject.
- An aptitude for things mechanical, understanding the materials, design and construction of mechanical solutions.
- Appreciation of mechanical simulation software with preferably direct experience in using an FEA solver and pre/post processor such as NASTRAN or ABAQUS, FEMAP or PATRAN.
- Proven basic understanding of structural engineering principles and ability to learn required analysis techniques.
- Application of tools for performing and presenting engineering calculation essentially MS EXCEL with others such as MATHCAD, MATLAB considered advantageous.
Other Jobs at Airbus Defence & Space
No jobs currently available.