Junior Development Engineer Satellite Ground SystemsAirbus Defence & Space Direct Entry Permanent Friedrichshafen, Germany
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Junior Development Engineer (m/f) Satellite Ground Systems has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Friedrichshafen. The successful applicant will join “Radar UGS & P/L Data Processing”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Activities are in the domain of definition and implementation of complex satellite ground segments in the frame ESA, EUMETSAT, national and export programmes. One focus will be to support the security architecture and concept definition for space and ground segments, as well as security relevant AIT support.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Support the following activities within the ground systems engineering and AIT process:
- Definition and implementation of ground systems (incl. operations concept) and its elements using state-of-the art methods
- Definition of integration, test and verification tasks of ground systems and its elements
- Ground system studies
· Activities related to the Security/Crypto Engineering Process w.r.t. satellite and mission systems
- Support Threat & Vulnerability Analysis & Assessment
- Support Security Concept incl. Countermeasures Definition
- Support Security Requirements Engineering, Security Design & Implementation
· Support ground segment proposals
· Support R&D studies
Requirements provided by system architecture, design rules and standards, interfaces requirements and constraints, work packages definition.
Implementation Data Package, drawings and schematics (if applicable) pre-tested and tested system elements, Documentation, Analysis and Test Reports, Test Requirements, Test facilities and tools, sample to be tested.
Technical responsibility on component / equipment / mechanical / software level during implementation phase, including responsibility for integration, verification and validation.
Deliver the design, drawings, schematics, prototype, SW module according to the Work Package description. Manage version control of various iterations if necessary. Decide and specify which analysis has to be performed and monitor the execution of it. Draw conclusions / recommendations based on the analysis performed. Ensure testing and validation of the delegated Work package is performed. Gather and maintain all necessary documentation related to the delegated Work Package.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to degree level in computer science / software engineering / IT security
· Several years of experience in Engineering and information systems
· Training/Experience in one or more of the following areas
- Definition and implementation of ground segments
- Definition and implementation of data processing systems (HW and S/W);
- Test, verification and operation of data processing systems (S/W and H/W);
- Security Concept and Architecture Definition
- Crypto Concepts & Key Handling
· Preferred domain of experience is satellite ground segments (e.g. ground stations, control centres, payload data processing
· Ability to work within a team
· Negotiation level of English and German
Other Jobs at Airbus Defence & Space
No jobs currently available.