Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be in charge of designing, building and validating software models of Open Cosmos’ flight and ground systems for a satellite simulation and control platform.
She/he will be involved in a fast design-test-iterate cycle that characterises Open Cosmos’ work.
- Design, develop and test software models of spacecraft systems
- Design algorithms for orbit dynamics simulation, satellite constellation and network modelling.
- Create automation software tools for satellite functional testing
- Create automation tools to use experimental data to validate and improve the models
- Design of automatic satellite control routines
- Contribute to flight software architecture design and implementation and validation
- Work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Work independently and under pressure
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfil customer requirements and expectations
- Experience in satellite/space systems engineering
- Experience in aerospace flight dynamics
- Experience in software model design and validation
- Experience in Java and C programming languages
- Quick learner
- Interest to work in the space industry in a startup environment
Agile methods experience (Agile, Scrum, …)
Knowledge of languages other than English
Other Jobs at Open Cosmos
No jobs currently available.