Engineer for Satellite on Board ManagementThales Alenia Space Direct Entry Permanent Cannes, France
Thales Alenia Space is currently looking for an Data Handling Engineer for Satellite on board management, located in Cannes (France). You are integrated to the Data Handling Team for Telecommunications and Observation/Science satellites. The team is in charge of the definition of the satellite avionics architectures and the onboard/ground interface defining the commandability and the observability capability of the satellites.
Daily, you work in close collaboration with several teams : software development, electronic hardware, Assembly-Integration-Test and Operations teams. You are likely to be asked to go on business trips regularly for short period to support the teams among TAS JV.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
As an Engineer for Satellite on Board Management, you work on the on board computers and the avionics architectures:
- you determine the avionics architecture from computer elements, standard communication buses (1553, CAN, SpW) and interface units interfacing all the equipments of the satellite
- you define the adequate functions (hardware or software) in order to guarantee the proper functioning of the satellite, to increase its autonomy and you elaborate the operational concept (how to operate satellites)
- you detail the onboard management functions through functional models and detailed specifications and simulations
- you follow-up the implementation development of these functions until the integration on the satellite
- you define the FDIR strategies: in case of failure, detection algorithm and recovery actions to be applied
- you establish the validation plan and the tests to be performed on a test bed and then on the satellite during the integration. You validate the operational performances of the onboard management
- you participate to the preparation and to the satellite inflight operations to support the Operation team (during launch, stationing and the first operational maneuvers in orbit)
As a potential candidate, you should have:
- Master’s degree in computer science (hardware and software) or electronics and telecommunications
- Knowledge in embedded systems definition, real time software, network and protocol definition, multi-core processors, embedded communication bus and systems modelisation
- Experience with UML language and simulation tools
- (Desirable : Knowledge of space constraints, real time systems and ECSS standards related to on-board management (PUS, 1553, Spacewire, CAN,…)
- Ability to converse and write technical documentation in English
- (Desirable : Ability to understand French )
As a potential candidate, you should be someone who is:
- Customer-focused, able to understand and re-formulate customer needs
- A good listener and communicator, able to build strong relationships
- Persuasive, able to present compelling arguments
- Persistant, self-motivated, and able to self-manage
- A model of integrity, someone who upholds the Thales value of creating customer trust
- Not only knowledgeable of other cultures but someone who embraces cultural differences
You should also have a good command of English, both spoken and written.
You recognize yourself in this job description and would like to apply ?
Apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org