Sapienza is looking for an intern to work with our IT services team to migrate software applications and databases currently hosted on the Amazon Cloud to a new cloud environment.
The candidate will face several different challenges. The candidate will have to first size and price the BT Open Telekom architecture. Then, the candidate will have to design and build the network at the hosting site (connected to the Sapienza network via VPN and connected to the Internet in a secure matter). Another challenge will be the study of each of the components currently hosted in Amazon in order to select and document the best migration path.
We consider the migration a project which could be performed by either a student in their final year or post-graduate looking to complement their degree with a unique project. The scope of the project will depend on the experience level of the candidate and the number of weeks that the candidate has available. This should be a minimum of 10 weeks. Ideally the candidate will be majoring in a Computer Science degree or similar and have an interest to progress their career in software and/or cloud environments. The intern will be given a compensation of €578 per month.
SUBJECT OF INTERNSHIP:
Migration of services hosted on Amazon EC2 to Open Telekom Cloud and from Sapienza Internal network to Amazon.
Sapienza is hosting on the Amazon Cloud several services supporting the development and maintenance of its software. These services include but are not limited to:
- ITSM Systems
- Maven & Git repositories
- Public websites
Sapienza wishes to migrate these systems (and more importantly their data) to Cloud architecture under European jurisdiction. Furthermore, as the VM hosted on Amazon is pre-paid, the Sapienza Continuous Integration currently hosted on the Sapienza Internal infrastructure shall replace the migrated VM.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE IT SERVICES INTERN
- Investigation of the best configuration in terms of resources and architecture of the Open Telekom Cloud
- Build the Sapienza Open Telekom Cloud environment which a front-end zone and a back-end zone connected to the Sapienza network via VPN
- Prepare the migration of each service (Investigation on the best way to migrate, possibility to upgrade, security, backup, etc.)
- Document the migration process
- Perform the migration
- Finalize the migration documentation and document the new environment
- The work will be performed either with a Sapienza staff or alone However, the student will always be under the supervision of the Technical architect
- This project deals with several of different technologies and products:
- CentOS Operation System (6 & 7)
- Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Apache Web and Tomcat Servers (mod_jk)
- Student in their final year of university, or post-graduate looking to complement their degree with a unique project
- Ideally majoring in a Computer Science degree or similar and have an interest to progress their career in software and/or cloud environments
- Good level of English
- Good Linux Knowledge
- Good knowledge in the Web architectures (3 tier)
- Basic networking skills (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Team worker but also capable of working on his/her own
- It would be considered an advantage to have knowledge of the following:
- Databases knowledge
- Software Development Continuous Integration
- JAVA knowledge
- EU National
Other Jobs at Sapienza Consulting
No jobs currently available.