Earth Observation Remote Sensing Workshop 2020
in Libin, Belgium
Over five days (11th-15th May), university students will become acquainted with the basics of Remote Sensing, along with an overview of ESA’s Earth Observation satellite missions. Students will also learn about the science of radar and optical remote sensing. Delivered by retired ESA specialists and experts from academic institutions and industry, emphasis will be given to gaining practical skills and putting them to use through group exercises using actual remote sensing tools.
In order to participate, students must fulfil the following criteria at the time of application:
- be aged between 18 and 32;
- be a citizen of an ESA Member State, Canada and Slovenia;
- have completed their Bachelor’s degree;
- be enrolled as a full-time Master or PhD student in a university (not graduating before the training Workshop);
- be studying for an engineering or science degree.
The selected students will be sponsored by ESA. The sponsorship will cover accommodation and meals, as well as up to 200 euros for travel to Belgium.
How to apply
- Fill in the application form;
- Upload a motivation letter (PDF, maximum 1 page, no images);
- Upload a CV (Europass format, PDF, maximum 2 pages);
- Upload a formal recommendation letter (PDF, maximum 1 page, including signature, no images) from a university professor or academic supervisor of current university;
- Upload a copy of academic records (PDF, in English).
The deadline for applications is 23 March 2020.