Cornwall from Above: Drones and Data Conference
Truro and Penwith College
in Penryn, UK
From gathering hyperspectral data for mining surveys, to delivering post and critical supplies to the Isles of Scilly, to identifying endangered species in the jungle using thermal infrared cameras, drones have revolutionised how we use data.
Cornwall is now at the forefront of drone technology. In the past few years alone, over £300k of funding has been allocated to R&D, testing, and commercialisation of drones and UAS from Aerospace Cornwall, and across the wider UK, the UAV industry is poised to add £42 billion to the UK's GDP by 2030.
In this one-day conference, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Hear about the latest developments in drone technology from SMEs in Cornwall and the South West;
- Engage with panel discussions about the societal benefits drones can bring to Cornwall and the world;
- Hear about opportunities in drone and satellite data analytics;
- Find out about the funding available through Aerospace Cornwall, UKSA, ESA and more;
- Network with industry professionals and academics working in space and aerospace;
- Get hands on with practical drone challenges!
A full schedule and speaker list will be provided closer to the time.
Who is it for?
This event is open to all with an interest in drones and data, with a particular focus on the work of SMEs in Cornwall. Those working in the field of drones, UAVs and UAVs, environmental intelligence, and machine learning and artificial intelligence are encouraged to attend.
Attendance of this conference is fully funded. Refreshments, lunch, and a networking reception will be included.
Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn
This event has passed