Machine Learning for Earth Observation Masterclass
in Truro, UK
Learn about remote sensing, Earth Observation, and machine learning techniques from experts in the space sector.
About this event
This 2-day course will enhance your knowledge of Machine Learning in an Earth Observation context, providing you with useful skills for the sector.
The course will cover the following topics:
Introduction to Remote Sensing and Machine Learning
- We will ensure all learners have an understanding of Remote Sensing/Earth Observation data, the sources and the broad uses. It will also introduce Machine Learning in the context of RS/EO.
Overview of GIS data analysis tools
- This module is intended to introduce the learners to the broad variety of tools available (open source) for the analysis and interrogation of geospatial data.
Remote Sensing Systems
- This module will introduce the satellite-borne sensors we commonly use, particularly those on open source platforms. We will discuss the data formats and types that those sensors produce.
Machine learning for land use and land cover applications
- This will be an applied module diving deeper into an application of ML techniques.
Machine learning for Object detection and Segmentation
- This is a further applied module, which will look at a further application of ML and introduce Deep Learning.
About the organisers
4 Earth Intelligence (4EI) is passionate about placing spatial data insights into the hands of people who can make a difference. Built on decades of Earth Observation excellence, GIS and data analytics expertise - we create data products, services and insights that enable decision makers and end users to manage risks and create positive outcomes in our ever-changing world.
4EI is a global company with a local presence in our key regional markets. Our Cornwall business unit is focused on supporting the transition to NetZero and clean energy. Our Global ambition is to support public and private organisations, large and small, mitigate the impacts of climate change, and work towards achieving NetZero and a sustainable future for all.
CSATT is the first dedicated space training centre in the South West, with the aim of creating local training opportunities for people in Cornwall. Over the next two years the CSATT team is developing a suite of world-class courses, from apprenticeships to foundation degrees, as well as additional specialist training for those involved in developing projects and businesses. These courses will support the development of the Cornish space sector, ensuring that there are a range of available education pathways for those who want it, and providing high quality employment opportunities in the local area.
Who is this event for?
This course is for people with a basic understanding of Machine Learning, Remote Sensing, GIS, or Earth Observation, and some programming abilities.
This course will be lead by experts from 4 Earth Intelligence.
This training will be held at Truro College, College Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3XX.
Course fees are fully-funded by the UK Space Agency and CSATT for individuals and SMEs in Cornwall. Refreshments, lunch, and a networking reception will all be included.
This training is organised by the CSATT project*, which is delivered by Truro and Penwith College and part-funded by the European Social Fund as part of the Meeting Smart Specialisation Business Needs through Higher Level Skills project. CSATT is supported by Aerospace Cornwall, Spaceport Cornwall, and Goonhilly Earth Station. You can find out more about CSATT here: https://www.truro-penwith.ac.uk/csatt
This event has passed