Diversity in Space Careers
Diversity in Space Careers (DISC) is a one-day conference in World Space Week championing equality, diversity, and inclusion in the space sector.
Hear from speakers from across the space sector talking about their work and their experiences overcoming personal barriers from mental health to disability and discrimination.
Learn from experts workshops how to support yourself and others in making the sector truly inclusive.
Meet with students, young professionals, learned societies and industry to network and celebrate the wide range of people and careers available in the sector.
- Dr Sheila Kanani - Education, Outreach and Diversity Officer at the Royal Astronomical Society
- Dr Claire Davies - Astronomy Research Fellow at the University of Exeter
- Kate Furnell - Cosmology PhD Student at Liverpool John Moores University
- Dr Craig Brown - Space Innovation Lead at Innovate UK
- Dr Natasha Stephen - Lecturer in Meteoritics at Plymouth University
- Lucy Williams - Physics and Astronomy Graduate from Durham University
- Dr Kierann Shah - General Manager at National Space Academy
DISC is organised by UKSEDS, SpaceCareers.uk, and the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS), and will be held at the RAS HQ at Burlington House, London.
Please get in touch with Aine (UKSEDS Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in taking part in the event (eg. through sponsorship, presenting, hosting a workshop etc.)
Tickets will be available later on in the summer.