Diversity in Space Careers
Diversity in Space Careers (DISC) is a one-day conference in World Space Week championing equality, diversity, and inclusion in the space sector.
Hear from speakers from across the space sector talking about their work and their experiences overcoming personal barriers from mental health to disability and discrimination.
Learn from experts in workshops on how to support yourself and others in making the sector truly inclusive.
Meet with students, young professionals, learned societies and industry to network and celebrate the wide range of people and careers available in the sector.
Please note there is no dress code for this event, wear whatever you feel comfortable in.
- Dr Sheila Kanani - Education, Outreach and Diversity Officer at the Royal Astronomical Society
- Dr Claire Davies - Astronomy Research Fellow at the University of Exeter
- Kate Furnell - Cosmology PhD Student at Liverpool John Moores University
- Dr Craig Brown - Space Innovation Lead at Innovate UK
- Dr Natasha Stephen - Director of Plymouth Centre for Microscopy
- Lucy Williams - Physics and Astronomy Graduate from Durham University
- Dr Kierann Shah - General Manager at National Space Academy
- Portia Bowman - Co-founder of SpaceCareers.uk, UKSEDS Trustee and Women in Aerospace committee member
Full programme to be released shortly.
10:00 Morning sessions: speakers and panel
13:30 Afternoon sessions: discussions and workshop
16:30 End of event
17:00 Social evening (optional)
Please note: This is a full day event and lunch will be provided as part of the ticket.
Royal Astronomical Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 0BQ
DISC is organised by UKSEDS, SpaceCareers.uk, and the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS).
Tickets are now available! Buy yours here.
Standard: £10 (non-student/in full-time employment)
Concession: £5 (student/not in full-time employment)
This is a not-for-profit event; ticket price goes fully towards catering costs.
Please get in touch with Áine (UKSEDS Secretary) at [email protected] if you would be interested in taking part in the event (eg. through sponsorship, presenting, hosting a workshop etc.)
This event has passed