Postdoctorate Position Permanent London, UK
Uploaded 2 Mar 2019
Our company is seeking a Science Manager with excellent project management and communication skills to coordinate essential scientific activities for our astronomy satellite missions. The role entails collaborating with scientists worldwide to co-prepare proposals and publications, while simultaneously acting as the key link between our company’s Science Team, its Business Development Team and the technical teams working on our missions.
The key aim of the role is to coordinate the scientific activities that our company must undertake to develop and manage astronomy satellite missions. The employee will:
- Foster our missions’ scientific collaborations; coordinate scientists’ input into our missions.
- Initiate scientific discussions with different academic communities.
- Co-prepare material for proposals and publications, including funding applications.
- Work jointly with scientists to build up understanding of specific research areas.
- Interface between our Business Development Team and our Science Team; understand the needs of scientific communities and formulate strategies to address these needs.
- Collaborate with our Chief Scientist and engineering team on formulation of science requirements for the satellite.
- Be willing to travel extensively worldwide.
Please send CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A PhD in physics, astronomy, planetary science or a closely-related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
It would also be desirable for the candidate to have:
- Experience working on satellite missions.
- Experience working in large scientific collaborations.
- Computer programming skills.
- Specific research expertise in exoplanet science or solar system planetary science.
- A strong track record of writing successful grant proposals.
- A strong publication record.
- Fluency in additional languages.
- Familiarity with scientific communities in multiple countries.
Other Jobs at Blue Skies Space
No jobs currently available.