Summary of Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that software development follows UKATC software quality procedures.
- Ensure that software developed adheres to UKATC software standards
- Contribute to UKATC software projects as directed
In order to apply for this role you must have:
- obtained your first degree bachelors or Masters, (not doctorate) in a relevant subject in either 2018 or be due to receive it in 2019
- expected or have achieved a 2:1 or above
- the right to live and work in the UK.
Please apply online only. Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Please ensure that your name and the IRC reference are included in the file name description of each document uploaded. Please also state where you saw this role advertised. No Agencies. Please note that failure to address the above criteria or submitted without a covering letter may result in your application not being considered.
We recruit on a rolling basis therefore we recommend you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Applications will be reviewed and considered on an on going basis until our assessment centres are filled.
Shortlisting (S) and Interview Criteria (I)
- obtained first degree bachelors or Masters, (not doctorate) in a relevant subject in either 2018 or be due to receive it in 2019 (S)
- expected or have achieved a 2:1 or above (S&I)
- the right to live and work in the UK (S)
- ability to implement a software application from a guideline specification, interacting with scientists and senior engineers to refine the specification (S&I)
- a basic understanding of good software development processes in an agile environment, including an ability to write test procedures ensuring that the software developed is of sufficient quality (S&I)
- experience using UML and OO techniques (S&I)
- good problem solving skills (S&I).
- experience with the java programming language (S&I)
- knowledge of good database design (S&I)
- an interest in and ability to design user interfaces (I).