Planetary Science Postdoctorate
Postdoctorate Position 2 years Graz, Austria
Uploaded 5 Mar 2019
The Space Research Institute in Graz leads the magnetic field experiment on board MMO spacecraft as a PI institute.
Tasks are the tool development for data analysis and in-flight calibration for the BepiColombo MMO magnetometer. The successful candidate is expected to work on research topics in the area of the Mercury magnetic field (e.g., magnetospheric dynamics, waves, magnetic reconnection, shocks) using the data from Mariner-10 and MESSENGER or from the numerical simulations in close collaboration with JAXA/ISAS (CoPI institute of MMO magnetometer) and TU Braunschweig (PI institute of MPO magnetometer).
- a full time employment for a duration of two years, starting as soon as possible
- the possibility of an extension depending on performance and funding situation
- an annual gross salary of 42,251 Euro, according to the salary scale of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, depending on qualification and experience the salary can be negotiated
We are looking for:
- a Postdoc with a PhD in physics (plasma physics, geophysics, astrophysics), planetary science or a related field.
- experience in spacecraft data analysis for space plasma or planetary missions.