Community Liaison Officer
Direct Entry Job 1 year Leicester, UK
Uploaded 14 Mar 2019
To develop, coordinate, and deliver a new community engagement programme in Leicester to engage local families and young people with space science, and break down barriers to engagement with the National Space Centre.
- To build relationships with local groups and the Leicester City Council Neighbourhood Services team in order to reduce barriers to engagement and create tailor-made programmes to inspire people from a range of backgrounds.
- To work with the City Council Neighbourhood Services team, University of Leicester, and others to schedule and develop a programme of community engagement.
- To work closely with the Space Communications team, and the wider National Space Centre teams, to develop space activities and content for community engagement.
- To train the wider presenter team in best practice and activities for community engagement, with a focus on quality assurance and evaluation.
- To coordinate, deliver, and evaluate a programme of community engagement activities for family audiences and young adults in Leicester, alongside a team of presenters at the National Space Centre.
- To regularly report back to a Community Engagement steering group to share developments, best practise, and content development.
- To work with the Marketing team and the City Council Neighbourhood Services to ensure that community events are well advertised to local groups.
- To support the Space Communications Manager with reviewing and reporting on the community engagement programme, including carrying out evaluation research and analysis.
- Undertake in-house and external training as necessary.
- Other reasonable tasks as may be designated.
- Must have experience in leading and developing activities and events for local Leicester communities, including working across sectors and with multiple agencies.
- Must have experience in project management, and in coordinating a team of staff or volunteers.
- Must have experience of involving and engaging communities in the planning and delivery of services.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills, in order to establish strong relationships with community stakeholders.
- Experience of working with socio-economically disadvantaged and socially excluded groups and communities is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and trust of the stakeholders and venues in the following Leicester communities is highly desirable: Belgrave, Braunstone/New Parks, Beaumont Leys, St Matthews/Wycliffe, Eyres Monsell.
- Experience in evaluating and reporting on community engagement impact is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for space, and other STEM topics, is highly desirable.
- Must be a highly organised and reliable person.
- Ability to produce factually accurate work, suitable for a range of audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritise busy and varied workload.
- Good IT skills, with the willingness to learn more advanced skills.
- A full, clean UK driving licence is required.
Working with Children
An Enhanced Disclosure is required for this role. Information about the Disclosure service can be found at: www.disclosure.gov.uk.
The deadline for this position has passed