Junior Computer Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Darmstadt, Germany
Uploaded 18 Mar 2019
Within the Generic Systems and Infrastructure Division (GSI), the Junior Computer Systems Engineers will support maintenance and evolutions of operational software intensive services involving Wide Area Network, cloud-computing and big data technologies.
The initial focus will be on developing capabilities to reach full proficiency in the area of software and service engineering in a 24/7 operational environment.
- Support maintenance and evolutions of operational services involving cloud-computing and big data technologies, on-line data access and data distribution across WANs (Wide Area Networks);
- Design, prototype, develop and maintain small to medium size software applications in support to data access services and multi-mission elements of the EUMETSAT ground segment (data dissemination, data archive, infrastructure and monitoring);
- Conduct technical interactions with service providers and industrial partners;
- Contribute to the generation/maintenance of technical baseline documentation, involving requirements engineering of the related services, interface specifications, design of functions and software applications;
- Provide support to configuration and quality control activities.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge on software engineering;
- Strong motivation to develop towards full professionalism in the area of computer engineering and big data and on line data services, in an operational 24/7 environment;
- Readiness to learn / expand the own knowledge combined with excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work in a team;
For this role some of the following knowledge would be advantageous:
- Object-oriented programming languages;
- Unix Computer operating systems;
- Computer and network architectures (TCP/IP);
- Relational or no-SQL databases.