A lot of activities that are straightforward in other fields can be tricky in the aerospace industry. One of these activities is the selection, management, and procurement of components and parts. Electrical components have special features to work in space, so their procurement can take a lot of months and their cost can be up to 100 times the cost of a similar, standard device. To optimize this activity, we are looking for a components engineer that will be the main interface between the designers and the manufacturing team.
You will become part of the design team as component expert, and you’ll have the chance to study in depth the technical characteristics of the components. Your expertise in components will support the designers when preparing analysis like part stress analysis and worst-case analysis.
In this dynamic position, you will interface with lots of people both within the company, and among the biggest international suppliers of aerospace components.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Select components on the basis of designers’ requirements, procurement data like cost and delivery time, the population of the company part list, the selection of tools to best manage the part list, and the interaction between part list, electric CAD and warehouse management.
Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Good knowledge of electrical components and components characteristics;
- Basic knowledge of mechanical components;
- Ability of working in autonomy; • Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work in a team setting to meet tight schedules;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively;
- Knowledge of electronics design software, preferably Altium (not mandatory)
Bachelor or higher engineering degree, preferably electronic engineering.
Full professional proficiency of English language is mandatory.Knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Other Jobs at D-Orbit
No jobs currently available.