Summer School on Astrophysics
Course 1 week Valjevo, Serbia
Uploaded 22 Mar 2019
In 2019 we continue pursuing the idea of intensive summer programme for the undergraduate and early graduate students, where advanced lectures are given by experts in the fields. This year we are happy to present Summer School on Astrophysics.
The aim: The school aims to provide intensive and thorough course on astrophsyics including theory and observations. The school is not limited to lectures, but will also include daily discussion sessions, problem solving and independent work.
For whom: The school is intended for senior undergraduate and early graduate students mainly from Balkans region. All lectures will be given in English, so we also welcome students from anywhere abroad. Exceptional younger students and interested graduate students will also be considered.
By whom: Lectures will be given mostly by PhD students and young postdocs, but also by some senior researchers. Lecturers come from various European and US institutions.
- Introduction to Cosmology
- Stellar Structure and Evolution
- Multimessenger Astrophysics
- Galaxy Dynamics and Evolution
- Star-Forming Galaxies
- Extrasolar Planets
List of Lecturers
- Fran Bartolić (University of St. Andrews)
- Darko Donevski (SISSA, Trieste)
- Daniel Kocevski (NASA)
- Katarina Kraljić (University of Edinburgh)
- Ivan Milić (University of Colorado)
- Tanja Petrusevska (University of Nova Gorica)
- Giovanni Tambalo (SISSA, Trieste)
The application deadline is: May 20th, 2019. Please make sure that you apply before this date! Late applications will be considered in case of available places, but the applicants will not be granted any financial support.