Nanosatellite Engineering Internship
Internship 1 year Harwell, UK
Uploaded 29 Mar 2019
The exact specification of the role will be dependent on the experience of the chosen candidate, however there are a number of activities within the team to be supported. The Satellite Applications Catapult has developed a pocketQube nano-satellite to assist in educational and outreach training, which requires continuous development of both technical capabilities, software and training materials. We are currently exploring the integration of new services utilising our ground stations at Goonhilly and Harwell, including configuration of test setups. And we also work to engage with the business community to explore the commercial viability of small satellites for our in-orbit demonstration missions.
The successful applicant should be an enthusiastic individual with an interest in the space industry, willing to search for innovative solutions to problems, capable of conducting independent research and presenting the results in a clear and informative manner. Specifically, your background should include the following:
- Engineering of any discipline, inclusive of courses that include business elements, mathematics or physics.
- Experience writing reports and presenting to varied audiences
- Desk-based research and analysis
- Lab-based experimentation, research and development
- Self-motivated and confident in scoping tasks