Research Scientist (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Planetary Habitability and Technology)
Direct Entry Job Permanent Atlanta, USA
Uploaded 1 Apr 2019
Job Purpose: The School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Planetary Habitability and Technology research group at Georgia Tech, is seeking an engaged and experienced research scientist to serve as a field program and laboratory manager, to join an ongoing interdisciplinary planetary, polar and ocean research program.
Job Responsibility: The individual must be able to attend long (~3 month) deployments to Antarctica several times in the coming few years. The ability to work and contribute in close teams is a requirement for the position. Engagement in spacecraft teams and other collaborations is possible.
Additional Information: Start date is desired by April 15, but the position will remain open until filled.
- Education: PhD or Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Work Experience:
- Hardware development and/or troubleshooting
- Field activity coordination
- Field data acquisition and analysis
- Remote sensing
- Ocean/Ice/Limnology/Planetary/Surface processes
- Data processing
- Signal Processing (especially sonar)
- Sensor and data integration
- Robotics / Autonomy
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: We value individuals who are collaborative, communicative, and creative, and who are interested in outreach
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Instrumentation development and deployment experience highly desired
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Other Jobs at Georgia Tech
No jobs currently available.