Spacecraft Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Uploaded 4 Apr 2019
You will be the main architect and project responsible of the space segment. You will support the CTO by performing systems engineering analyses and oversee the development of a full spacecraft. You will be the designer of the space mission and will coordinate and lead the space segment development/procurement. You will work closely with the other engineers and external companies. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Support system concept development, system architecture development, system and subsystem requirements development, systems analysis and trade studies, and systems modeling and simulation (PDR/CDR).
- Identify requirements, participate in design activities, and lead assembly, integration, and test activities (AIT).
- Track mission and system configuration information (such as mass properties, power, TT&C, OBDH and performance data) and write complex specifications and interface control documents (ICD/IRD).
- Produce and maintain system budgets (power, volume, memory, mass … etc).
- Participate and oversee functional and environmental test campaigns by reviewing requirements, test specifications, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution and verification control.
- Project management, project planning and test tracking.
- Preparation of ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with system design of small satellite or Nanosatellite missions in industry through work or academia.
- Proven knowledge in spacecraft systems and subsystems design, and mission operations and be able to quickly develop subject matter expertise in a specific project.
- M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Currently living in EU.
- Proven hands-on experience in one or more of the following: AOCS electronics design, electrical power systems, thermal analysis, or integration and testing of aerospace systems.
- Knowledge of spacecraft operations and related ground systems preferred
- Experience with CubeSat projects.
- Self-starter who works with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Orbital Mechanics.
Knowledge in these tools is advantageous: Satellite Toolkit STK, MATLAB, NASTRAN, SysML, C++ or Python.
Other Jobs at OQ Technology
No jobs currently available.