Mission Operations Internship
Internship 6 months Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 11 Apr 2019
This opportunity is for a 6-month internship, ideal for an engineering student looking for early experience of the aerospace sector. We are open to consider a full staff position following this internship. This is an exciting opportunity for you as an engineer to get familiar with both technical and commercial aspects of the space sector in a fast-growing start-up.
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK). You will participate primarily in the mission operations activities of the company, as well as supporting the software function.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the definition and construction of the software’s GUI using iterative cycles.
- Produce wireframe designs
- Develop code according to the Open Cosmos standards of quality
- Lead all beeApp OPS front-end demonstrations at the end of each iteration cycle
Skills, attitude and experience
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics/Maths or similar.
- Hands-on experience with Angular 2 or higher versions,
- Hands-on experience with communications protocols used across web-based software infrastructures such as Websocket, REST HTTPS APIs, etc
- Quick learner with curiosity, creativity, teamwork skills and open to new challenges.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
Nice to have
- Experience or knowledge in any of these technologies would be an asset: OAuth2 and JWT, Adobe Photoshop
- Good communication & soft skills.
- Knowledge on UX and UI