Supply Chain Internship
Internship 3 months Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 11 Apr 2019
This opportunity is for a 3-month internship, ideal for an engineering student looking for early experience of the aerospace sector. We are open to consider a full staff position following this internship. This is an exciting opportunity for you as an engineer to get familiar with both technical and commercial aspects of the space sector in a fast-growing start-up.
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK). You will participate primarily in the Supply Chain activities of the company and the support of the overall function.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Actively supporting the team for all kinds of actions relevant to the Procurement process which cover (but not limited to) Sourcing operations, launch Request for Quotation / Proposal, Negotiation, Track Delivery to Reception.
- The definition and implementation of the Supplier Database using Access, SQL.
- Propose the perimeter, create the database and all the associated documentation for the maintenance and its usage
- Implementation of the Supply Chain KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
Skills, attitude and experience
- Effective communication of ideas, strategies and results
- Ability to gather information, organise thoughts, discern best value
- Ability to understand the supplier/stakeholder’s needs and concerns to lead negotiation efficiently and meet strict quality, delivery, and cost deadlines that impact the entire value stream
- Understanding of emotional context and behavioural cues; ability to use these to control the situation, such as a negotiation
- Excellent people and relationship management skills to develop network and coordinate activities
Nice to have
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics/Maths, Business or Supply Chain / Procurement
- Broad knowledge of space technologies, micro and nano-satellite subsystems in particular.
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge in basic electronics, programming and data base management
- Broad knowledge on micro and nano-satellites
- Positively adapt to change and Handle ambiguous situations
- Proficiency in any other languages than English.