Embedded Software Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 19 Apr 2019
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ satellite development team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be responsible to lead and manage the implementation of embedded software in microprocessors that form key elements of our spacecraft avionics. You will have the opportunity to be involved in the whole cycle of a mission from concept, to tests, V&V, to orbital operations support and telemetry analysis.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems.
- Assist electronics design validation and qualification.
- Collaborate with different technical teams to deliver a consistent technical solution.
- Have input into requirements and verification plans.
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone.
- Commit to fulfill customer requirements and expectations.
Skills, attitude and experience
- Experience in Embedded C or C++
- Experience with microcontrollers and peripheral components
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiar with electronics
- Familiar with scripting languages
- Quick to learn
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
Nice to have
- Experience in DSP algorithm modeling and development in Matlab/Simulink/Python
- Experience with major FPGA families (Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi)
- Knowledge of CCSDS Command and Telemetry Data Processing
- Familiar with design, verification and validation of PCB schematics and layout
- Familiar Power systems, high speed digital circuit design and simulation
- Experience with ARM processors and Flash FPGAs
- Experience in RF
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Knowledge of and experience with Vivado/Libero IDE software
- Familiar with Altium Designer
- Familiarity with Java /C#