Internship Software Development
Graduate Position Permanent Berlin, Germany
Uploaded 26 Apr 2019
We – PTScientists – are a private, fast growing, agile space company with our headquarters located in Berlin.
With great technology partners, we set new scientific, technological and cultural standards in space flight. With the aim of developing lunar infrastructure and offering transport services, we work with many international institutions such as the European Space Agency ESA for future missions.
The dynamic and always changing field of tasks require utmost preciseness, the ability to efficiently prioritize, see the big picture and teamwork skills from the successful candidate.
The team, with a penchant for precision and implementation of goals, is proud of their shared performance and is always remaining open, unpretentious and uncomplicated.
What you will learn and gain:
- How to design, implement and test reliable software for the space environment
- How to validate and verify software using Software-in-the-Loop (SiL), Processor-in-the-Loop (PiL) and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) setups
- Embedded software development and FPGA hands-on
- Agile development in a Scrum team
- How to use cloud infrastructure for automated testing and continuous integration
Possible focus areas:
- Extending our SiL and HiL test bench
- Supporting the Software Quality Assurance with tests of the flight software (unit tests, integration tests, functional tests and manual tests)
- Embedded Linux system building with Yocto and containerization with Docker
- Implementing tools to support the flight software development
- Recent graduate or student (last year of Bachelor education or Master student)
- Major in Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related field
- Duration of six months (with possible offer of permanent contract afterwards)
- Strong programming skills in (embedded) C/C++ and at least one scripting language
- Familiar with Linux and Bash programming
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Must have English language proficiency
Nice to haves:
- Embedded Linux system-building knowledge (boot process, Root-Filesystem, Kernel, Yocto)
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems
Why should you apply?
- It’s your chance to play an important role in developing a European lunar mission
- You are interested in space exploration and robotics
- Be part of a fantastic team
- Help us write the next chapter of commercial space exploration
Other Jobs at Part Time Scientists GmbH
No jobs currently available.