Graduate/Junior Analogue Power Electronics Engineer
Graduate Position Permanent Glasgow, UK
Uploaded 14 May 2019
An Analogue/Power Electronics Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, Clyde Space*, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. The role will be a member of a team of analogue electronics designers, contributing to the design of complex high reliability power system designs. Candidates should show strong aptitude and enthusiasm for the area of power and analogue electronics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of analogue electronic hardware for a space environment, from schematic capture to PCB layout.
- Design of high reliability, high efficiency DC/DC converters, battery charging and protection design.
- Taking designs from prototype through to production of flight hardware.
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree standard in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Previous professional experience is not required but it will be considered.
- Ability to work in a group of engineers and technicians to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to understand analogue and power electronics circuits.
- Knowledge of digital electronics and integration within analogue systems, knowledge of power conversion topologies.
- Basic knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software.
- Ability to diagnose and debug existing and new electronic designs.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Experience designing power converters.
- Basic knowledge of circuit simulation using Spice tools.