A Quality Inspector is required for a full-time position to work at Clyde Space*. We are one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, also a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. The job will involve inspection of spacecraft hardware and hand-soldering of surface mount components within a cleanroom environment, and any other reasonable tasks as appropriate.
Candidates must have proven experience of hand-soldering surface mount components and excellent communication skills. Previous space industry experience is preferred although not essential. Previous experience in a PCB manufacturing environment is desired. The candidate should be at a level of competence to enable support to Clyde Space projects from day one.
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
- Experince in hand-soldering operations and surface mount components to 0402 package size.
- Experience in using PCB layout and Schematic Capture software (Orcad, Cadstar) for viewing designs
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels.
- Ability to work well in a team and support team members
- Proven ability to identify issues on flight hardware and communicate effectively with colleagues to resolve the issues
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and attitude to quality.
- Felxiibility regarding overtime when required.
- Experience of working in the space/aerospace industry
- Experience with fault-finding on unpopulated PCBs
- ESA certified inspector
- Inspection experience to IPC 610 standard