An Analogue Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative companies, Clyde Space*, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. The role will focus on analogue electronics design for the space environment, but will also include other tasks as would be expected of a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team. Candidates should be from a power electronics background and be able to demonstrate a prior aptitude and enthusiasm for this area of engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Design of analogue electronic hardware for a space environment.
- Design of high reliability, high efficiency DC/DC converters and Power electronics, battery charging and protection design.
- Taking designs from prototype through to production of flight hardware.
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree standard in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Working within a small team they should able to interface other engineering disciplines and production staff.
- Ability to design power electronics to satisfy customer requirements.
- Knowledge of power conversion topologies
- Broad knowledge of analogue electronics
- Experience of circuit simulation using Spice tools.
- Ability to peer review, diagnose and debug existing and new electronic designs
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimal support.
- Technical report writing to a high standard including interface control documentation, manufacturing instructions, test reports and user manuals.
- Knowledge of digital electronics and integration within analogue systems.
- Experience of New Product Introduction processes particularly design for manufacturability and test techniques
- Experience of working in a space/aerospace or other industry with high reliability requirements.