A Manufacturing Engineer is required for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, Clyde Space*, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. We are seeking to strengthen our quality and engineering function to meet rapidly growing customer demand in an exciting and expanding market. This is a full-time role for an experienced manufacturing engineer that provides an opportunity to lead continuous improvement across our business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Improving efficiency across the Business by analysing & planning workflow, information flow, people movement & equipment layout and reducing waste / non value add activities.
- Overseeing the transition of new products into production from the New Product Introduction process to ensure First-Time-Right & On-Time-In-Full to our customers.
- Conducting manufacturability reviews for new products (Design for Manufacture & Design for Test) to ensure processes and products are fit for purpose.
- Organising supplier audits to ensure their processes and products are fit for purpose and that agreed improvements are delivered
- Ensuring clean room hygiene standards are maintained and assets are serviced & calibrated.
- Experience applying lean techniques e.g. 5S, root cause analysis, DMAIC problem solving, waste reduction, gauge R&R and Kaizen with a natural desire to continuously improve.
- Ability to manage multiple demands & develop priority solutions.
- An HND in Engineering, Technical Sciences or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience in a similar role in a business where high quality and reliability are paramount.
- Experience gained in electronics manufacture and assembly.
- A knowledge of ESA ECSS documents (European Corporation for Space Standardization).