Young Graduate Trainee for Infrastructure Systems Cyber Security Analysis
Graduate Position 1 year Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Uploaded 6 Jun 2019
Our team and mission
The ESA ESTEC site is the technical heart of the Agency, where the most ESA projects are born and where they are guided through the various phases of development. ESTEC hosts research laboratories, test facilities, offices and required supporting infrastructure.
Our team’s mission is to efficiently manage estates and infrastructures (civil, electrical, mechanical) and to provide a modern work environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the ESA website: http://www.esa.int
Field(s) of activities
In the frame of this traineeship the Young Graduate Trainee will contribute to:
- reviewing the latest industrial trends in Cyber Security requirements in the Facility Management domain;
- establishing an inventory of critical installed ESA Facility Management systems in view of cyber threats, study and review the situation for:
o Security and Safety Systems.
o Power Plants Control and Management Systems,
o Power Metering Systems,
o Building Management Systems,
- preparing a draft map of ESA Facility Management Cyber Security risks;
- providing an analysis of the cyber security situation of the ESA Facility Management infrastructure and a proposal for a project/action plan for its evolution;
- supporting studies and projects aiming at streamlining and digitalizing the processes in ESEC and the Estates and Facility Management Department, review them from the Cyber Security perspective and make proposals on further improvement.
The closing date for applications is 16 June 2019.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].
- Knowledge of relevant technical domains
- Relevant experience gained during internships/project work
- Breadth of exposure coming from past and/or current research/activities
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects
- Self Motivation
- Continuous Learning
- Cross-Cultural Sensitivity
Applicants should have just completed, or be in their final year of a University course at Masters Level (or equivalent) in engineering, informatics or physics.
Knowledge of Cyber Security, ICT network architecture and protection mechanisms are considered an asset.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required, in particular of French. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
In addition, applicants should demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
During the interview the candidates’ motivation and overall professional perspective/career goals will also be explored.
The deadline for this position has passed
Other Jobs at ESA
- Research Fellow for New Space Data Quality Assessment, Frascati
- Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence for Earth Observation, Frascati
- Research Fellow in Advanced Onboard Image Processing and Computational Imaging, Noordwijk
- Space Environments and Effects Engineer, Noordwijk
- NAVISP PNT Competitiveness Engineer, Noordwijk