Earth Observation Data Scientist
Direct Entry Job Permanent London, UK
Uploaded 14 Jun 2019
We are looking for new member of the Hummingbird Research and Development team. The position will suit a recent MSc graduate with some industry experience.
- Investigate and trial the application of Computer Vision and Machine Learning techniques to UAV, aerial, satellite data/imagery and other data sources in order to quantify crop-related attributes;
- Implement analysis algorithms as production-ready code using Python;
- Be responsible for communicating with internal agriculture specialists, account managers and customers to help them understand product in development as well as collect feedback for developing new products;
- Communicate effectively with the Software Delivery team the requirements and outputs of analytical processes;
- Take part in Agile process consisting of daily stand-ups and fortnightly planning;
- Providing feedback on improvements in the analysis processes.
- Relevant Masters (MSc) degree in data science, computer vision, AI, machine learning or similar discipline;
- +2 years of industry experience;
- Strong Python skills;
- Strong data science/statistical analysis skills (characterisation, cleaning, etc.);
- Theoretical and practical experience in developing machine learning based models (using CNN, ensemble based networks, etc.);
- Must be highly organised and motivated;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in small teams.
Other Jobs at Hummingbird Technologies
No jobs currently available.