Public Engagement Officer
Direct Entry Job 3 years Milton Keynes, UK
Uploaded 14 Jun 2019
The post-holder will be welcomed into an interdisciplinary research group investigating the feasibility of life beyond the Earth. In their role, they will develop and deliver a programme of engagement activities, including community engagement, events, exhibitions, and school-university engagement. They will support and work with other staff members to ensure that engagement is integrated within the Group’s research, education and training, and knowledge exchange activities.
- Graduate or postgraduate qualification in a STEM or related subject (e.g. Science Communication, Science Engagement, Science and Society).
- A demonstrable track record in successfully planning, implementing and evaluating engagement activities.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of high-quality communication to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Experience in the use of social media.
- Both oral and written communication in a variety of contexts, including the ability to offer and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and work to agreed deadlines.
- Demonstration of taking full responsibility and accountability for tasks while making effective use of available resources, information and feedback to improve efficiency, productivity and overall performance.
- Demonstration of a personal commitment to developing interpersonal skills, with an understanding of impact on individuals, respecting and valuing diversity.
Other Jobs at The Open University
No jobs currently available.