OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb are hiring fresh engineering graduates to play a key role, as an Orbit Analyst, Mission Planner, Spacecraft Controller or Spacecraft Operations Engineer, in our new, UK based Fleet Management Systems team. If you would like to have the greatest impact you can, early in your career, in the aerospace industry, this is an excellent graduate opportunity for you. You will be part of a very high performing, high growth, start-up environment where you will gain excellent experience and the opportunity to build and then perform live operations of a mega-constellation of satellites.
The Fleet Operations Spacecraft Controller performs all activities and tasks necessary to control the fleet of OneWeb satellites. Control of the fleet is highly automated and therefore the controller is an expert in operation of the command and control applications software, the satellite subsystems, the mission management software, and interfaces to other elements of the system. The controller facilitates execution of the schedule, manages automation, but predominantly performs manual and contingency commanding as required in coordination with the Spacecraft Operations Engineer. Controllers also participate in procedure development, test and validation, automation rule set development, test and deployment.
Thorough, internationally-based training will be provided for these positions.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable intellectual curiosity and hunger for development within space and telecommunications
- A curiosity and a passion for technology especially for web-based or web-enabled tools; you will be naturally creative and adaptable
- Relevant experience - ideally, you will have completed an internship or a work placement in a relevant environment
- A background that demonstrates your tenacity, flexibility and adaptability
- High energy levels that are suitable to a high stress environment; you will be willing to consider shift work for the first two years of your career
- An understanding of satellite subsystems including satellite RF systems and engineering analysis tools; you will recognize the orbital mechanics of LEO satellites
Essential Entry Requirements
- Strong academic performance; you will have a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant subject – Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a relevant degree with a MSc in Space.
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication.
- A willingness to work flexible hours in a thriving and exciting environment, especially during the first two years of employment, throughout the launch and stabilisation of our satellites.
- You will be provided with thorough training and development that allows you to launch your career in satellite operations
- Excellent learning and development investment, an excellent team environment and a mentor outside of your immediate team
- A highly competitive salary plus strong employee benefits
*Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)