Fleet Operations Spacecraft Controller
Direct Entry Job Permanent London, UK
Uploaded 18 Jun 2019
The Fleet Operations UK Satellite Operations Center (UKSOC) Spacecraft Controller position is a shift position, reporting to the on-shift Mission Director, and performs all activities and tasks necessary to control the fleet of OneWeb satellites. Control of the fleet is highly automated and therefore the controller is an expert in operation of the command and control applications software, the satellite subsystems, the mission management software, and interfaces to other elements of the system. The controller facilitates execution of the schedule, manages automation, but predominantly performs manual and contingency commanding as required. Controllers also participate in procedure development, test and validation, automation rule set development, test and deployment.
- Execute all planned tasks for satellite operations.
- Configure, operate, troubleshoot and resolve issues in the command and control operations applications software.
- Integrate and configure the satellite and ground systems databases into the command and control system.
- Convert satellite manufacturer delivered nominal and contingency operations procedures into automated procedures executed from command and control systems.
- Configure, test and verify the new procedures in the command and control system.
- Perform on-console satellite operations in a shift environment.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Real-time flight operations console expertise.
- Satellite command and control operations software and products.
- General satellite subsystem operation and maintenance.
- LEO satellite operations including launch, in-orbit test, orbital maneuvers, commissioning, and deorbit.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative.
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication / briefing skills is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines in highly dynamic environment.
- Direct experience in command and control system configuration and operation is preferred.
- Multi-satellite LEO constellation operations experience is preferred.