A vacancy for a Payload Systems Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space located in Corsham.
The main focus of this role is to ensure that the Airbus in-orbit Spacecraft Payload activities are conducted safely to maximise the useful life of the spacecraft. The role requires excellent analytical skills and problem solving capability and due to the nature of this role there may be some UK and European travel required.
This is a small expert team who work closely across many project sub teams and with this role there is potential scope to be part of the new generational space craft project.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day monitoring of the AIRBUS spacecraft payload subsystems.
- Provide, review and report on spacecraft payload trend analysis data.
- Provide technical support to on-station and prospective operations.
- Laise with spacecraft design and operations teams to optimise operations.
- Monitor new spacecraft during Payload definition, Integration, Subsystem and System Level phases.
- Provide technical representation at payload investigations.
- Understand and monitor the applicable ground equipment.
- Support the Payload In Orbit Test phase for future spacecraft launches.
- Support, schedule, analyse and report on the results for spacecraft through life testing.
- Provide payload and RF Systems expertise support to other business areas within the company and parent companies on various bids and projects.
- Support the development of the next generation payloads.
- All staff are to comply with applicable Health and Safety, Fire, Human Resources and Security policies.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth/.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- BEng Communications Engineering, Physics, Maths or equivalent.
- Payload Engineering covering UHF, SHF and Ka wavebands and relevant hardware
- Competent user and developer of Visual Basic Applications
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.