Start date: Jul/Aug 2019
Location: Stevenage / Portsmouth
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The role is based within the Facilities Management and Real Estate (FM&RE) organisation across the whole Airbus UK portfolio of sites with direct accountability into the Airbus central organisation.
FM&RE is responsible for a huge range of deliverables to Airbus UK, including but not limited to; real estate management, aerodrome management, energy and supply, major building and construction projects as well as maintenance, catering and cleaning to name a few.
Working within the FM&RE function; this exciting opportunity offers successful applicants the chance to influence and drive change in a challenging, diverse department, matured over recent years to an integrated “ONE FM&RE” team incorporating both Airbus Commercial and Airbus Defence & Space (ADS) right across the UK
Using Airbus project management tools and your own initiative, the applicant will have the chance to demonstrate and implement new ways of working, support to deliver large scale capital investments projects and changes in key strategies such as Energy Conservation and Asset Management.
Between 2018 and 2020 Airbus Defence and Space will see the implementation of a massive £35m investment project delivering a new HQ, housing primary functions responsible for delivering the Telecoms & Space missions. The successful candidate is expected to have the exciting opportunity of direct involvement in this project, contributing to the construction project management as well as space utilisation in order to meet the changing demographics and culture.
Alongside the delivery of key improvement projects the candidate is also expected to contribute to a multimillion pound asset investment strategy within ADS as well as offering crucial support to the delivery of Capital Investment business cases and supporting the energy team with the Energy utilisation and conservation assessments to deliver a key investment proposal.
Tasks & accountabilities
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
- Manage projects according to Airbus principles to support the deployment of ADS’ HQ project
- Provide support to delivering Energy Utilisation and Conservation assessments and give key contribution to investment proposals feeding into company-wide corporate objectives.
- Identify and develop new, innovative ways of working to support the space management team in delivering a workspace that is prepared for significant culture and demographic change.
- Deliver a consolidated asset management strategy and play a pivotal role in the future requirements of ADS assets.
- Generate important business cases to support an FM Capital investment budget circa ~9M€ and an FM Support Capital Investment budget circa 15M€
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note our Internships are open to undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Have an awareness of basic financial principles to contribute to involvement in investment projects and CapEx development.
- Basic project management skills, but also be willing to learn and develop according to Airbus tools and processes.
- Good stakeholder management skills, including excellent communication and customer focus and the ability to deliver on commitments
- A mind set to explore and work above and beyond, challenge current ways of working to develop new processes and ideas
- Evolve along with changing priorities within the business
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.