Control/Mechatronics ADCS Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Glasgow, UK
Uploaded 27 Jun 2019
Want to invent the future of the Space Industry? You have come to the right place. We fundamentally believe that our PocketQubes can radically transform the ability for small groups to design, build and launch their own spacecraft. We need super ambitious, driven and bright minds to make this a reality.
Alba Orbital is the world leader in PocketQube satellites and is one of the UK’s most innovative companies. We are looking to add a Mechatronics/Control Engineer, with emphasis on Attitude Determination and Control System (ADCS) design, to our small, highly driven team. You will be tasked with the design, analysis, development and verification of the Active Attitude Determination and Control System (ADCS) for the PocketQube platform. This position would best suit an early stage engineer with preferably a Master’s Degree or PhD and ideally some industrial experience.
- Design and test satellite control algorithm performance using Octave
- Perform simulations in the context of dynamics, orbits, constellations and subsystems
- Implementing closed loop pointing algorithms
- ADCS hardware performance specification including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management
- Design, test and simulate sensors, actuators and algorithms
- EU or Schengen area Citizenship
- Ability to work well in a team and also independently with little support.
- Technical report writing to a high standard including interface documentation, manufacturing instructions, test reports and user manuals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal support.
- Ability to identify the strength and weakness of the system or subsystem and recommend alternative solution
- Writing software in C, C++
- Experience in development and design of complex electro-mechanical systems