Graduate Trainee (Science, Numerical, Technical)
Graduate Position 2 years Exeter, UK
Uploaded 28 Jun 2019
You will work with science and business teams across our Business Group on the development and delivery of science to industry. The graduate scheme is a structured programme where you will undertake a range of real projects working with experts from across the organisation to build your skills and experience. The first year your projects will be selected to give you a broad range of experiences to ensure you get an opportunity to see the breadth of the work we do and in the second year you will be able to help shape the direction of your projects based on your skills and interests within our business requirements. Your personal development is important to us, you will have the opportunity to undertake both formal and on the job training, you will be buddied with a Graduate who has come through the scheme, you will work with a broad range of people to understand the wide variety of work undertaken at the Met Office and will work on the real pull through of science to services.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
To become a Graduate on our Graduate Scheme you will need to be someone who:
- Has graduated from a degree in either maths, physics, computer science or other relevant subject, e.g. engineering, meteorology. We are particularly interested in hearing from those with a joint honours combining business with a science discipline.
- Is keen to learn and build new and varied skills across multiple disciplines of the Met Office.
Is a strong team player with the ability to work as a productive member of a team to deliver projects.
- Has the ability to drive and progress projects and tasks with a focus on results.
- Understands and appreciates customer needs.
- Is passionate about the application of science to provide solutions for industry.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Can work with and analyse data with a strong aptitude for research.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
In addition, desirably you would also be someone who can also demonstrate:
- Familiarity with a programming language (preferably Python) and able to understand written code to make simple modifications
- Have previous work experience in a relevant field