Thermal Control Subsystem Lead Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Tokyo, Japan
Uploaded 30 Jun 2019
- Thermal control design and analysis of satellite.
– Optimize combination of passive and active thermal control to maintain all parts of satellite within allowable temperature limit. Passive control includes tuning of conduction/radiation heat paths. Active control includes electrical heaters. Note: No convection exists in space environment.
– Design and select thermal instrumentation hardware for use on satellite, e.g. heat dissipation material, thermal insulation (i.e. multi-layer insulation), electrical heaters etc.
– Create and maintain satellite thermal mathematical models which consist of conduction/radiation node network and geometry models with thermal optical properties.
– Predict temperature distribution and heat power dissipation using thermal analysis codes and thermal mathematical models of satellites.
– Correct thermal mathematical model using thermal balance test results.
– Coordinate thermal interface with satellite subsystems.
- Thermal tests of satellite.
– Create assembly, integration and verification plans for thermal control subsystems.
– Make test plans and procedures for thermal vacuum and thermal balance tests and participate in those tests.
- Management of development schedule and cost.
– Create development plans for satellites thermal control subsystems.
– Management of thermal hardware manufacturers and outsourcing vendors.
- Knowledge of conductive and radiative heat transfer.
- Practical experience of thermal control design or analysis or tests in one of the following industries aerospace, automotive, electronics devices, and or robotics development.
- English language capability TOEIC 700+.
- Business level Japanese skill.
- Thermal analysis software skill of “Thermal Desktop”.
- Basic knowledge of orbital mechanics.