We are a small, fun, hard-working team, based in Farnborough, Hampshire, with a passion for what we do. We have an open culture, constantly looking for ways to improve and to learn, welcoming ideas from everyone and working collaboratively as a team.
We're looking for an Astrodynamics Engineer to support our space situational awareness, astrodynamics and space systems projects and missions.
The Astrodynamics Engineer will be responsible for modelling, simulation, and analysis in areas such as:
- Space mission design
- Guidance navigation and control
- Trajectory design,
- Conjunction analysis,
- Orbital manoeuvres,
- Orbit estimation,
- End of Life modelling,
- Re-entry predictions,
- Space debris
- Space situational awareness.
- Bachelor's, Master's Degree or Doctorate in aerospace engineering, mathematics, physics or other related technical or engineering discipline.
- 1-5 years of experience in orbital mechanics, orbital dynamics, orbit design, astrodynamics.
- Proficiency in software development with one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C, Fortran
- Proficiency with scripting and analysis tools such as Python, Matlab, SIMULINK.
- Experience in modelling, simulation and analysis.
- Experience with satellite design and/or space system research & development
- Excellent communications skills and ability to generate high-quality customer-facing documentation and present information clearly to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting workloads.
- Ability to work independently, and also within a small multidisciplinary engineering team.
- UK Passport holder
- In possession of (or eligible to apply for) SC level security clearance