Graduate Spacecraft Modelling and Simulation Software Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Bristol, UK
Uploaded 3 Aug 2019
High-fidelity spacecraft functional engineering simulators are used to: perform system sizing and tradeoffs; perform mission analysis and feasibility; validate guidance, navigation and control strategies; and to test the on-board control algorithms for robustness and performance.
SCISYS has developed spacecraft simulators for over 10 years for the European Space Agency for important missions such as Galileo, Gaia, Aeolus, Sentinels 2 & 3 and most recently Solar Orbiter. We have developed the innovative EAGLE Entry Descent and Landing (EDL) simulator which is now being used to support guidance, navigation and control analysis, design and verification for missions to Mars and the Moon.
- 1st Class or 2:1 degree in Mathematics/Physics/Space Engineering
- Knowledge of spacecraft systems, flight dynamics and spacecraft control system dynamics
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and C / C++
- Experience of full software lifecycle from requirements to delivery
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK and Germany
- Flexibility for travel and short term relocation to Germany, Holland or elsewhere in Europe, when needed
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design tools, such as UML, or Java
- Knowledge of Fortran
- Knowledge of Linux systems specifically SLES 11
- Experience of real-time simulation
- Experience of the AOCS in spacecraft
Other Jobs at SCISYS
No jobs currently available.