Omanos Analytics is a space technology start-up delivering bespoke space data knowledge to support the narratives of communities across the globe, presenting data in tailored, accessible formats in order to reveal impact on local environments and communities. Following a series of case studies in communities from Guinea to Cambodia, working with a range of international NGOs on issues including forced displacement, destruction of livelihoods, and environmental degradation we have secured a European Space Agency project for prototyping a “Community Earth Observation Intelligence Service”. We are looking for a creative and capable software engineer able to develop our Earth Observation pipeline software and deliver end to end solutions for trial.
- Take end data product specifications and interpret into requirements for software development
- Lead in development and delivery of automated image processing systems for specific use cases
- Integrate with existing Earth Observation toolboxes and write custom code in at least Python and Java languages
- Follow an agile software development methodology to deliver prototype solutions for evaluation and test
- Develop software frameworks to easily synthesise and communicate Earth Observation data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Bring onboard and evaluate emerging Earth Observation techniques to improve the automation of the pipeline such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Support the team to engage with stakeholders, defining next steps and prepare proposals and planning for future roll-out and deployment
Term : 1 year fixed with view to renew
Applicants should email a cover letter and CV to [email protected], using reference 19-0831.
An initial closing date of 31 st August however this may vary dependent on the applicants, and is likely to close early should a suitable candidate be found.
- Degree in engineering, maths, physics, computer science or equivalent
- Demonstrated capability in at least Python and Java programming languages
- Understanding of software development framework
- Understanding of Earth Observation and Image Processing development
- Able to show leadership potential and responsibility for delivery deadlines
- Able to work within a team with strong communication skills
- Desire to work in SME environment and positively contribute to culture
- Commitment to Omanos Analytics’ mission and ethos
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Willingness to travel for projects and promotion of activities
- Familiarity with statistics, data mining and machine learning techniques
- Familiarity processing geotiff images or multispectral imaging data
- Experience within the EO or remote sensing industry
- Experience in creating and delivering working software prototypes
- Experience in creating compelling graphical user interface
Other Jobs at Omanos Analytics
No jobs currently available.