SCISYS delivers a wide range of software services, solutions and consultancy to our clients, such as the European Space Agency. We develop robust, real-world software and provide supporting services that create real benefit to our customers. SCISYS solutions are frequently at the core of our clients' operations and therefore critical to their business. For example, we are delivering software that will navigate a rover on Mars, allows spacecraft controllers to develop their operational procedures and investigating novel data transfer mechanisms between a spacecraft and Earth. Delivering these solutions requires partnership and mutual trust, which we pride ourselves on and promote amongst our workforce.
About the Role
SCISYS is currently seeking a number of high-calibre graduate software engineers to join the Space Division, based in Bristol, UK.
The SCISYS Space Division is looking for enthusiastic, ambitious and able graduates to join our On-Board Applications development teams. We deliver a wide range of projects and products to our customers, such as the European Space Agency, spanning large scale system developments used to control Satellites to small technology studies involving prototypes and technology demonstrators.
Working within our Space Division is both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for applicants who thrive in a dynamic environment and want to develop their career and help to shape the future of the Division.
As a software engineer you will take on a variety of project activities, including: Designing, Building, Testing and Supporting software solutions for our clients. You will be working with people who are experts in their field and as a valued member of the team we’ll expect you to make a real contribution to the success of our business.
What's in It for you?
SCISYS offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages, as well as offering our employees the opportunity to develop themselves whilst working on some incredibly exciting projects. We have flexible working hours, free onsite parking, an onsite café, and even a free gym in our HQ.
• Educated to degree level in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a STEM related degree with a computing component
• Ideally practical experience of using Embedded C
• An analytical approach and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be self-motivated and ready to take responsibility for own work.
• Track record for achieving deadlines. Or ability to deliver to deadlines.
• Keen to contribute to an expanding/diversifying business.
• Must be eligible for security clearance (need to have been resident in UK for 5 years)
• Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
• It is expected that the roles will include some customer interaction, so candidates need to be fluent in English and confident in their role to represent the company.
• Have an understanding and appreciation of good software development practices including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines.
• Programming within an eclipse environment
• Embedded/Real Time systems
• Linux systems
• Software design and UML
• Requirements engineering
• Understanding of verification and validation
• Understanding of software developments to standards, such as ECSS-ST-E40 and MISRA C
• Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
• Security Clearance desirable but not essential
• Flexible to travel to customer sites (both UK and non-UK) Command of another European language in addition to English will be beneficial