Spire Global is a 160-person space data company founded in 2012. In less than six years, Spire has built one of the world's largest satellite constellations, and we're just getting started. Due to this continued growth, we are seeking an Antenna Engineer to join our Communication team in the Glasgow office.
The Antenna Engineer will contribute to hardware design, modeling, test, and evaluation of the satellite communication module and payload antennas.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Capture mission requirements and translate them to antenna specifications.
- Design, simulation, prototyping and build antennas for frequencies from VHF up to X-band.
- Test and fault-find at bench level, environmental level (EMC and thermal vacuum testing) and spacecraft level.
- Lead the verification process for testing new and existing systems.
- Develop systems documentation, test plans, production and operational procedures.
- Provide technical consultancy support to mechanical engineering, payloads, operations, and manufacturing teams.
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. degree in Physics, Telecommunications or Microwave Engineering.
- Around 2-5 years of working experience on design, development, and testing of antennas.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art antenna design techniques and technologies.
- Understanding of one or more 3D electromagnetic solvers such as CST Microwave Studio Suite.
- Experience with laboratory or field testing with relevant technical equipment.
- Proven track record of promoting cooperation and team-work.
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills and solution-oriented approaches when dealing with challenges.
- Flexibility to changing priorities and operational requirements.
- Attention to detail, highly-organized with clear communication skills.