As a Materials Laboratory Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
• Hands-on testing of materials used in the manufacture of space products.
• Collecting and analysing cleanliness and contamination samples.
• Working in a cleanliness controlled environment.
• Using and maintaining a wide range of test equipment.
• Support the continuous maintenance and review of Material Laboratory Procedures (MLPs) and laboratory working processes
• Maintain and improve internal databases and operating procedures
• Participate in Material Laboratory Audits, Safety Reviews and daily team meetings
• Working transnationally with other Airbus cleanliness departments
• Experience working within a commercial / Industrial laboratory environment
• Experience of working in cleanroom or cleanliness controlled environment.
• Practical experience of chemical testing, with a particular emphasis on industrial chemistry.
• Experience using an FTIR (Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy)
• Experience of fibre volume testing, ICP, Thermal analysis (DSC & DMA), Titrations would be desirable.
• Demonstrable team working skills, communication and presentation capability. Ability to adapt communication style to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Understanding of Health and Safety (H&S) and COSHH assessment
• Flexible and proactive approach to work and is prepared to work at other Airbus sites and at customer and supplier locations as directed