Analog Design Engineer / Power Design Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Stevenage, UK
Uploaded 7 Sep 2019
Due to organic growth and new projects, a vacancy has arisen for an Analog/Power Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Stevenage.
The Communication Products group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
In this rewarding role you will be developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the digital telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
We are committed to offering continuous training and career development. We understand that our success is based on our people and we strive to offer all our employees an enjoyable and rewarding career.
This role comes with occasional UK travel.
- Experience of hardware design cycle, from requirements capture, through schematic design and constraints capture.
- Design analyses and willingness to provide hands-on support to hardware assembly, integration, environmental qualification and production testing.
- Power electronic circuit design, including knowledge of active protection circuits, magnetics, and DC-DC converters.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, team player – including presenting to clients and communicating designs to technical / non-technical audiances.
- Experience with Cadence PSpice software
- Matlab experience is desired, but not essential