Primary Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the EGSE Manager with technical oversight provided by the Skill lead.
The main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Design / Specification of EGSE to support Spacecraft AIT (e.g. EPS, RF, CCS, TMTCFE) following requirement engineering process (Traceability/Compliance matrix etc.) taking into account customer level requirements.
- Review of suppliers documentation / RID generation (e.g. during Tender phase or during formal reviews with the customer PDR/CDR etc)
- Support of major review with the Customer.
- Production of relevant EGSE documentation (e.g. Design reports, User Manuals, Test Procedures)
- Oversee manufacturing process for EGSE systems, This may include: Procurement, managing/prioritizing the manufacturing processes, validation and certification for use in the AIT facility
- 1st level support for the AIT facility, which may include: Commissioning of hardware, composition of AIT procedures, training, maintenance and troubleshooting
Expertise in one or (ideally) more than one of the following fields is desired:
- Knowledge of one (or more) Spacecraft subsystem from previous ESA mission (e.g. EPS, OBC, COMMS etc.)
- Experience in certification process would be an asset (i.e. CE marking)
- Experience in EGSE/ATE design/procurement
- EGSE Data Exchange Network (EDEN) protocol will be a plus
- Satellite Reference Database (SRDB) / MIB format will be a plus
- Requirements Management (RATIONAL DOORS knowledge would be considered an asset)