Who we are
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used and is at the forefront of the emerging new space industry. Our mission is to make space accessible to anyone, to help solve the world's biggest challenges. We do this by providing simple and affordable space missions, using nanosatellite technology, providing end to end space missions for customers around the world (private and institutional). We work with some of the biggest names in the industry, including the European Space Agency (ESA), but also with small and innovative high-tech companies, together developing the space technology and applications of the future.
Based at one of the world’s leading space campuses in Harwell, Oxfordshire, we are a young and ambitious team with the drive to define a greater future for this planet and the people living on it; therefore, when our minds come together to fulfil our mission to democratise the space we are happy to be part of something that is more than the best of each of ourselves.
Description of the Position
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be engaged in designing, simulation and validating and testing electronic systems as part of Open Cosmos’ electronics team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design, verification and validation of PCB schematics and layout.
- Power systems, high speed digital circuit design and simulation.
- Assist electronics design validation and qualification.
- Documentation and design libraries creation and maintenance.
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
Skills, attitude and experience
- Experience on embedded systems
- Experience designing and testing electronics
- Familiar with Linux, python and scripting
- Strong interest in electronics
- Attention to detail
- Lean/Bootstrap mentality
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- Quick to learn and coach others
Nice to have
- Experience with ARM processors and FPGA
- Experience with C, C++
- Experience with Verilog/VHDL
- Experience with power electronics design and testing
- Experience in RF characterisation and measurement techniques
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Linux shell scripting
- Familiar with Altium Designer