Space software engineer Trainee
Part-Time Job Permanent Madrid, Spain
Uploaded 11 Oct 2019
We are looking for motivated software engineer that wants to start his/her professional career in a challenging domain such as the aerospace sector. The selected candidate will join our Data Systems team and work in European Earth Observation projects.
The candidate will integrate within the operations team for DEVOPS projects.The selected candidate will have the following duties:
- The operation of software modules within DEVOPS projects as part of the operations team.
- Problem reporting, using management tools (i.e. JIRA).
- Software installation and testing in UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Validation and integration in reference platforms.
- Client interaction
- Developer team interaction
- Work around implementation and script coding.
- A university degree in computer science or similar
The candidate shall have a background covering the following areas:
- Knowledge of UML or other modelling languages
- Java/C++/Python programming languages
- scripting languages
- Relational databases, (e.g. MySqL, Postgre or Oracle)
- Linux administration
- XML related technologies (XSL, XSD, XPATH)
The following requirements are highly appreciated:
- Understanding of Distributed System architectures and Virtualization.
- Knowledge of deployment techniques using containers (Docker)
- knowledge using versioning control tools such as GIT.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written (B2 or higher)
- Fluency in Spanish will be considered as a plus, but is not required
- Excellent communication, and team working skills;
- Must be highly proactive, self-motivated and dynamic;
- Must be willing to take ownership of issues and drive them to a successful resolution;
- Must be able to work independently and deliver high quality work.