Events Crew Team Member
Direct Entry Job Fixed Term Leicester, UK
Uploaded 11 Oct 2019
The National Space Centre is looking to recruit talented individuals to work as ‘Events Crew Team Members’ during the 2019 Christmas parties. We aim to deliver World Class parties for our guests, with amazing food and entertainment provided by our great members of staff!
- Meet and greet all corporate guests upon arrival
- Provide a high standard of customer service in delivering everything from arrival drinks and canapé receptions to dinner service.
- Understand basic allergy information and where detailed product information can be found
- Efficient delivery of food and beverage to tables.
- Manage bar services especially at busy times.
- Till operations with effective cash handling.
- Responsible for delivering quality service and up selling the National Space Centre where appropriate
- Deal with general enquires and customer service issues.
- Assist efficiently with event preparation and clear down correctly as per the event requirements and event team’s instructions.
- Ability to deal with last minute changes in a calm, professional manor.
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures, including fire & evacuation and manual handling, are adhered to.
- Maintain effective safe food hygiene practices as per food hygiene training.
- Work as part of the operational team.
- Undertake in-house and external training as necessary.
- Undertaking any other tasks relevant to the post as required by Corporate Duty Manager.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a busy environment.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers, other staff members/teams plus agency staff.
- Reliable, with a responsible and positive attitude towards work.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and an understanding of the needs of the customers by building a rapport.
- Communicate directly with corporate guests in a polite manor during an event.
- Ability to comply with manual handling safety procedures.