Junior Software Engineer for PDGS
Graduate Position Permanent Madrid, Spain
Uploaded 16 Oct 2019
DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate PDGS division, in Madrid. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
We are looking for motivated engineers that want to start their professional career in a challenging domain such the aerospace sector.
The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Payload Data Ground Segment team in charge of developing and evolve products that compose the payload data ground segment for satellite missions such as Archives, Catalogues, Processing Infrastructures, Calibration and Validation, among others.
Successful candidate will be integrated in major European projects, having the opportunity to work in different domains of software development.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- The design of software modules as parts of ground segment applications.
- Implementation of the software modules using unit tests.
- Integration of the modules with other components.
- Production of test data.
- Help in the system validation.
- Report of the tasks done in a management tool (i.e. JIRA).
- Contribute to the application documentation (Design, User Manual, …)
Education: A university degree in computer science or similar
Candidates are expected to have up to 2 years of experience developing end-to-end software systems following Agile, Incremental or Waterfall lifecycles.
The candidate should have experience developing software systems with (some of) the following disciplines:
- Requirements Analysis
- System analysis and design using UML or other modelling languages;
- System/subsystem implementation using Object Oriented programming languages;
- System integration and deployment in Virtualized Environments;
- Verification and Validation
The candidate shall have a background and experience covering the following areas:
• Java/C++/Python programming languages
• Relational databases, (e.g. MySqL, Postgre, Oracle)
• XML related technologies (XSL, XSD, XPATH)
• Development using Linux (Bash scripts, … )
The following requirements are highly appreciated:
• Understanding of Distributed System architectures and Virtualization
• Knowledge of deployment techniques using containers (Docker)
• Experience in satellite data systems, or Remote Sensing datasets.
• Experience with open source tools and libraries (e.g. JUnit testing framework, Apache.org, etc)
• Experience using versioning control tools such as GIT.
• Knowledge of standards of Open geospatial consortium
Fluent in English, verbal and written
Fluency in Spanish will be considered as a plus, but is not required
Excellent communication, and team working skills;
Must be highly proactive, self-motivated and dynamic;
Must be willing to take ownership of issues and drive them to a successful resolution;
Must be able to work independently and deliver high quality work.