Junior AOCS Engineer and Orbit Determination and Control Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 18 Nov 2019
You will be assisting the design, execution and validation of GNC/AOCS systems for open Cosmos’ nanosatellite missions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Working alongside the lead AOCS Engineer your tasks will be;
- Contribute to the development and implementation Guidance Navigation and Control / Attitude and Orbit Control systems and algorithms.
- Add to the definition of requirements and system design.
- Propose technical solutions that satisfy the requirements but take into account overall spacecraft system considerations and constraints.
- Work on the implementation of the AOCS algorithms in C or similar programming languages with the Lead AOCS Engineer.
- Contribute to the design, drive manufacturing and test AOCS hardware with the respective driver software.
- Support sales, customer support or any other business areas that require technical support as needed.
- Input to technical roadmap.
- Add to the AOCS roadmap for continuous improvement of AOCS developments, including testing facilities management and planning in collaboration with the AIT team.
- Assisting company-wide projects and activities as part of the Open Cosmos team.
Skills, attitude and experience
- MSc or PhD; university degree in related disciplines (e.g. aerospace, control engineering…)
- Proven industrial experience in AOCS product engineering.
- 1+ years experience in AOCS development role in the space industry
- Experience in providing support in AIT phase
- Experience in supporting orbital operations team for AOCS commissioning and nominal operations support
- Experience in development and verification of AOCS algorithms in MATLAB or similar, including hardware in the loop verification
- Experience in software implementation of AOCS algorithms, C or similar
- Project management skills
- Drive to learn and coach others
- Self-driven attitude with problem-solving mentality
Nice to have
- Space systems engineer experience
- Experience in spacecraft mission operations
- Supply chain network